April is almost here, and events around the state are celebrating the arrival of spring. The River Raisin National Battlefield Park is hosting a free French Easter celebration on April 1, where you can learn about French and French-Canadian traditions and crafts. On the other side of the state, you can visit ducks and geese returning from their winter homes down south at the W.K. Kellogg Bird Sanctuary in Augusta, and on Sunday, celebrate the birthday of W.K. Kellogg with free admission to the sanctuary.
If you want to connect with your legislators in the coming week, there are several opportunities. Also, the Michigan House Democrats have announced a nine-stop listening tour taking place over the coming weeks, including events on Sunday in Hancock in the Upper Peninsula. Other events this week include:
Friday, March 31
- Coffee Hour with Rep. Brian Elder at 9 a.m. at Brewtopia Coffee, 810 Saginaw St. in Bay City
Saturday, April 1
- Coffee hour with Rep. Kevin Hertel from 10-11 a.m. at Coffee Break, 19156 E. 10 Mile Road in Eastpointe
Sunday, April 2
- Listening Tour Town Hall with Rep. Scott Dianda from 2-4 p.m. at the Franklin Township Hall, 49850 U.S. Highway 41 in Hancock
Tuesday, April 4
- Community Conversation with Rep. Robert Wittenberg at 10 a.m. at the Huntington Woods Public Library, 26415 Scotia Road in Huntington Woods
Wednesday, April 5
- Happy Hour with Rep. Jim Ellison from 5:30-7 p.m. in the upstairs level of Fifth Avenue, 215 W. 5th in Royal Oak
- Community Conversation with Rep. Robert Wittenberg at 6:30 p.m. at the Royal Oak Township Hall Multi-Purpose Room, 21131 Garden Lane in Royal Oak Township
- Walk with your Rep with Rep. Stephanie Chang from11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Meet at the foot of the Dequindre Cut (at Atwater) and walk up to Gratiot Avenue. Fresh fruit to be given away to walk participants. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (517) 373-0823.
- Riverside Park Community Meeting with Rep. Stephanie Chang at 5:30 p.m. at St. Anne de Detroit Catholic Church, 1000 St. Anne St. in Detroit, with special guest city Councilmember Raquel Castaneda-Lopez.